1. Students will express comfort with people who are both similar to and different from them and engage respectfuly with all people.
2. Students will develop language and knowledge to accurately and respectfull to describe how people (including themselves) are both similar to and different from each other and others in their identity group.
3. Students will respectfully express curiosity about the history and lived experiences of others and will exchange ideas and beliefs in an open-minded way.
4. Students will respond to diversity by building empathy, respect, understanding, and connection.
5. Students will examine diversity in social, cultural, political, and historical contexts rather than in ways that are superficial or over simplified.